Table of Content
- 1. Subject of Policy
- 2. Collected data
2.1 Data, which may be processed (handled, collected, stored, used and disclosed) by the Company, shall consist of the following:
information provided by the Client for the purpose of registration on the Website or for the Services such as username, email address, password, name, institution/company name, name and phone number of contact persons for delivery of goods, company registration number, company VAT number, financial information (including credit card or bank account numbers), shipping information and billing information;
information provided by the Client for the purpose of communicating with the Company in matters, such as dispute resolution, subscribing to email notifications or newsletters;
information provided by the Client when using interactive features of the Services. Company also process information the Client shares with the Company when receives customer support, or otherwise interacts with the Company;
Company will never ask the Client to send the Company or submit to the Services any information related to racial or ethnic origin; political opinions, religion or other beliefs; Client’s health, biometric or genetic information; or information about Client’s criminal background or union membership. Company cautions the Client against giving the Company this information, but if Client does, it consents to the processing of that information in accordance with this policy. If Client does not consent, Client may not submit this information through the Services or otherwise gives Company this information;
information resulting from interaction with the Website, such as computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, ad data, IP address and standard web log information and/or other information obtained from "cookies";
information collected from publicly available sources or from service providers lawfully collecting personal data (such as financial service provider, credit bureau, couriers, LinkedIn, etc.), including name, email address, phone number, company name and working title of Clients that based on their professional background could be interested in our Services;
information collected from suppliers that they provided in our Supplier Registration Form or made available publicly on their website. Collected data include contact name, email address, phone number, fax number, shipping and billing details;
information collected via questionnaires where Client provided its name, company name and email address.
2.2 The Company may use different types of cookies to optimize the performance of the Website.Cookies are small text files placed on your computer, phone, or other device when you visit websites and are used to record information about your activity, including the pages you view, ads you click on, your settings, and other actions you take on the Website. Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. Persistent cookies have an expiry date; therefore, they will remain on the hard drive of the Client until that date is reached, or until they are manually deleted by the Client. Session cookies are deleted once you close your web browser.
The cookies we use generally fall into one of the following categories:Operational: We use these cookies to operate our websites. Some cookies are essential for the operation of the Website. For example, they let us authenticate your account. If a user chooses to disable these cookies, the user will not be able to access all of the content and features.Security: We use these cookies support our security features. These cookies enable and support our security features and help us detect malicious or unauthorized activity. For example the csrftoken cookie helps us prevent Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) attacks.Functional/Preference Cookies: We use these cookies to remember your preferences. These cookies let us operate certain functions of the website in line with the choices you make. These cookies enable us to remember you in-between visits. For example, when you continue to use or come back to the Website, we will remember your settings and content preferences. Deletion of these types of cookies will result in limited functionality of the Website.
Disabling cookies: Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience on our sites.
“Do Not Track Signals”: Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal. Because there currently isn’t an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals, we are not configured to respond to them at this time. To learn more about "Do Not Track" please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
2.3 The Client can choose to decline providing information or cookies, although it may interfere with the use of the Website or the services offered thereon.
2.4 Cookies used by third parties
Third-party Service More information Google Analytics More info AddThis More info
- 3. Use
enable the use of the services offered on the Website;
communicate in matters of dispute resolution and troubleshooting, to send transactional communications via email and within the Services, including confirming your purchases, collecting payments, responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages. These communications are part of the Services and in most cases Client cannot opt out of them. If opting out is available, Client will find that option within the communication itself or in Client’s account settings;
customize, evaluate and enhance the Services and content;
we use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal processes, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
we may create aggregated and other anonymous data derived from the use of our Services. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable, and we use that anonymous data to operate, understand, and improve our products and services and for other lawful business purposes;
compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties described in section 4.
- 3.2 The Client’s prior written consent is necessary for the use of its data for purposes, which are not defined in Clause 3.1.
- 3.3 The Company does not sell or lend the Client’s personal information to third parties for marketing purposes, not even with the Client’s explicit consent.
- 4. Disclosure of information
The Company may transfer the Client’s personal data to the following contracted partners:
service providers (engaged in performing the Company’s functions such as order processing, customer support, hosting, backup, storage, payment processing, website analytics, and email delivery) in order to fulfil their tasks. If a service provider needs access to your personal information to perform these services, they do so only in accordance with our instructions and safeguards to protect your information;
couriers, such as FedEx, UPS, DHL or other third-party couriers to deliver your orders;
software provider partners (such as BioSolveIT GmbH and ChemAxon Ltd.) in case of registered users of the Website who subscribed and / or received trial access to tools that are only available in our for-fee subscription packages (https://mcule.com/pricing);
supplier partners in case Client requests direct delivery from the supplier to the premises of the Client or other locations;
law enforcement or other governmental officials, provided that the Company is expressly authorised or obliged to do so by statutory regulations or resolutions of the authorities;
another third party, provided that the Company is expressly authorised by the Client to do so by prior written consent;
we, our affiliate and our service providers may use and store your personal information in Hungary or other locations outside of your country of residence, where privacy laws may not be as protective as the laws where you live.
- 5. Rights and responsibilities of the Client
5.1 Clients who are registered users of the Website may review, update, correct, or delete the personal information in their profiles within their profile settings. Clients who are registered users of the Website may also contact us to request deletion of their accounts. If you decline to provide us with, or request deletion of, or restrict the processing of, information designated in the Services as mandatory or required, we may be unable to provide the Services or parts of the Services to you and may close your account and notify you about such an event by email. Client may also request access to Company’s personal data processing practices and to his or her personal data processed by Company. Client may also request to correct or delete his or her personal data processed by Company. Client may also object to Company’s reliance on Company’s legitimate interests as the legal basis of our processing your personal information, where that processing adversely impacts your legal rights.
- 5.3 The Client may not select or use a username under which another person has rights without such person’s authorization, neither can the Client register under a username that the Company deems offensive. It is the Client’s responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of its password and to restrict access to it by unauthorized persons. All damages resulting from the loss of the Client’s password, as well as from its use by unauthorized persons are the responsibility of the Client.
- 5.4 The Client is liable for providing real, accurate, reasonably complete and not misleading information during the registration process. The Client undertakes responsibility to maintain and update this information on a continuous basis and to keep it real, accurate and reasonably complete. The Client shall suffer all the consequences of providing false, inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out-dated information.
- 5.6 Our Services are not directed to children under 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us and we will take steps to delete the child's data.
- 5.1 Clients who are registered users of the Website may review, update, correct, or delete the personal information in their profiles within their profile settings. Clients who are registered users of the Website may also contact us to request deletion of their accounts. If you decline to provide us with, or request deletion of, or restrict the processing of, information designated in the Services as mandatory or required, we may be unable to provide the Services or parts of the Services to you and may close your account and notify you about such an event by email. Client may also request access to Company’s personal data processing practices and to his or her personal data processed by Company. Client may also request to correct or delete his or her personal data processed by Company. Client may also object to Company’s reliance on Company’s legitimate interests as the legal basis of our processing your personal information, where that processing adversely impacts your legal rights.
- 6. The Company’s liability
- 6.2 The Company makes all reasonable efforts to protect the Client’s data against unauthorized access or alteration, misuse, loss by storing on secure servers. In view of the insecure character of data transmission over the internet, the Company cannot be held responsible for the security of the Client’s data sent over the Internet.
- 6.3 Third parties, including suppliers, may provide links to or is integrated with other websites on the Website for the user’s information. The Company cannot control the contents of such websites; therefore it excludes its liability for them and for any loss or damage arising from their use. Such links and integrations are not endorsements of, or representations that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control third-party websites, applications or services and we are not responsible for their actions. Third-party websites and services follow different rules regarding their collection, use, and sharing of your personal information. Please contact us if you wish to know more. In using any links from our Services, Company does not share any personal information with the sites you may link to.
- 7. How to Contact the Company
- 8. Legal basis
Processing Client’s data is necessary in cases such as to provide the Services or to take steps that Client requests prior to requesting the Services or to comply with law.
Processing Client’s data for other purposes, such as to communicate with Client about the Services, to improve Services, and for marketing communications are based on Company’s legitimate interest. We do not use your personal information for activities where your data-protection interests override these legitimate interests (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
You may contact the competent Hungarian Courts or the Hungarian National Authority for Data Protection and Freedom of Information regarding your rights in this Policy or your rights regarding your data.